8 Best Exercises That Are Perfect For Women Who Want to Lose Thigh Fat
Does it feel like every day is leg day for your friends, but you just can’t find it in yourself to do it? Do you feel that you’ll never lose weight, reduce that thigh fat and reach that thigh gap that you dream of?
Beautiful, shapely legs – definitely on your wish list, right? But there’s another reason why you should aspire for healthy legs. Your knees are one of the first body parts to get affected as you grow older. Having strong legs is necessary to maintain your mobility in old age.
Big movements, specialists suggest, are key when trying to get perfect thighs. It’s important to keep your legs moving in a way that mimics natural movement as much as possible. Exercises like hamstring curls or seated leg extensions are too targeted for that.
- Get proper supportive shoes meant for walking and a solid, non slip walking surface.
- Stand tall with shoulders back and down, back straight and chest slightly lifted.
- Bend arms at 90 degrees and swing them in opposition to your feet.
- Keep fists loose, as if you’re holding an egg in either hand.
- Strike the ground heel first, then shift the pressure to the balls of the feet and push off with the toes.
- Start slow but increase speed till you are slightly breathless but still able to talk.
- Keep head, neck and hips level to avoid injury.
2. THE LUNGE
Lunges are very easy to do. You can do them pretty much anywhere and they’re so healthy and useful for gathering lower body strength. Lunges are really effective for all kinds of weight loss as they make your heart rate quicker. That, in turn, helps burn fat, especially leg fat. Make sure to keep your shoulders straight, as that’s the most effective way to ensure you’re doing the exercise right.
3. Side Leg Raises
- Lie on your left side, left elbow bent, left hand supporting your head. Ensure that your right leg is stacked on top of your left.
- Place your right hand on the floor in front of your chest. Keep legs straight.
- Keep your upper body steady, as you raise your right leg from the hip, as high as you can. Hold for a few seconds and then release to starting position.
- Do alternate sets of about 10-20 reps.
4. STRAIGHT LEG KICKS
As we mentioned before, simple leg extensions won’t cut it. You need an exercise that will include all of your muscles to help you burn off that pesky thigh fat. Make sure to keep your back straight and your toes pointed towards the wall. Not just for thighs, but this exercise is also excellent for abs. Repeat the exercise ten times, and then switch sides for the best results. Leg kicks engage several muscle groups and they’ll also increase your general body tone, making it easier for the leg fat to burn off.
- Get into a pushup position where your body is face down, supported on your toes and palms. Keep a straight line from head to heels and from shoulder to wrist, abs tucked in.
- Bring your right foot forward so that your right knee is moving towards your left shoulder.
- Go back to push up position and repeat with the other leg.
- Do 10-12 reps.
6. Lateral Side Jumps
- Place a jump rope in a line on the floor. Use something like a stool, to make it tougher.
- Stand with both feet together on one side of the rope, arms by your side.
- Jump, lifting the foot closer to the rope over the rope and land with both feet on the other side of the rope.
- Repeat in the opposite direction with the other foot.
7. THE WALL SIT
This is by far one of the best exercises you can use to burn off fat. But beware, as it’s slightly more advanced than any of the others because it requires staying in the same position for a good length of time. Make sure your feet are spread at hip width and planted firmly on the ground. Also, ensure your thighs are parallel to the ground, otherwise the thigh muscles won’t get a workout! Stay in that position for 20-60 seconds for maximum results.
8.Basic Jump Rope
- Stand with feet hip width apart, the handles of the jump rope in your hands and the rope behind your legs.
- Jump 1-2 inches off the floor, letting the rope just slide through under your feet. Ensure that only balls of your feet touch the floor.
- Keep elbows close to your side as you swing the rope, making the circular movement with your wrists.